The Last Exorcism Part 2 (2013)



As my week rolls on, I am moving closer toward my 1000th post here at The Ringmaster’s Realm. While I am not sure what flick will receive that honor, I am keeping an eye toward the future. Hopefully, I can find some type of decent indie flick to fill that spot. Until then, I must continue to push forward. My next selection is the 2013 sequel, The Last Exorcism Part 2.


Plot/ As Nell Sweetzer tries to build a new life after the events of the first movie, the evil force that once possessed her returns with an even more horrific plan.


I was not a huge fan of the first film. Yes, it was somewhat entertaining and had potential, but that potential was never realized. This movie was definitely an unneeded sequel and a film that had more than its share of issues. On top of that, it also lacked the spirited marketing campaign. Sure, there were some positives. The acting was solid and the cinematography was good, but the overall positives went away after that.  There was something missing in this movie, even in the unrated version that I watched.  The storyline felt forced and disjointed, there was no atmosphere or tension, and there was never any scares or terror. Honestly, it was one of the lamest sequels I have watched in some time. To me, this was a terrible attempt at a horror movie by a group that had a solid budget ($5 million). If you want to watch something involving and exorcism, check out the Discovery Channel, you may be able to find something with some more teeth. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)