Slither (2006)



After a trip into cannibalism and some global warming propaganda last night, I needed something with a little lighter feel. On top of that, having gone back to work today after a four-day break, it is always nice to find some humor to take some of the edge off the early week frustrations.  What did I find, the 2006 horror comedy Slither starring one of my favorites Nathan Fillion.


Plot/ A small town is taken over by an alien plague, turning residents into zombies and all forms of mutant monsters.


I do not know what rock I have been living under. I believe I had passed this flick hundreds of time until watching it tonight. Damn, I have been missing out. This homage to the classic old-school days of horror is everything in a horror / comedy that I have been searching for recently. Directed by Troma alum James Gunn, this one had it all zombies, aliens, gore, bugs, creatures and more. More importantly, the scripting was spot on with just enough humor and seriousness that you need. The effects are solid, the acting and cast work well with the perfect dialogue and the film is a joy to watch.  Yes, there is a B-movie feel, but that does not matter in this entertaining trip down memory lane. In the end, if you have not watched this one, you are missing out. Do not wait like I did, check it out!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)