Phantoms (1998)

 
 
I had a long day. Not because of a hangover or anything like that, I spent three hours breaking ice in my mother’s driveway, to get the van free from the abyss. You know, gravel and sleet really do not mix. I know I should have retrieved it earlier when Bren got back, but, the snow continued on and off (and I am lazy). Fortunately, after trying some different methods, I was able to finish everything and get the van out. To wind down, I decided to watch something wintery, Phantoms from 1998.
 
 
Plot/ In the peaceful town of Snowfield, Colorado something evil has wiped out the community. Now, it's up to a group of people to stop it, or at least get out of Snowfield alive.
 
 
This film caught my eye with the wintery theme and I was surprised by it. This has to be one of the better Dean Koontz adaptations I have watched. This flick had a lot to like, solid scripting penned by Koontz himself, sound acting, good cinematography, and a haunting atmosphere that really fit the storyline. While the special effects were good, the creature was a bit anti-climactic as they strayed from what was written in the original novel. There were really only a few noticeable flaws to point out with sound quality and some uneven pacing.  In the end, this is a solid and entertaining horror flick that fits perfect in the cold of winter. If you enjoy Koontz, you definitely must check this one out.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)