12 Monkeys (1995)



After relaxing last night with Bones and Castle, I was debating what I should watch tonight to get back into the swing of things. Part of me wanted a documentary, but the other part wanted something different. After some debate with the voices in my head, I decided on the 1995 Sci-Fi / Thriller 12 Monkeys.


Plot/ In a future world devastated by disease, a convict is sent back in time to gather information about the man-made virus that wiped out most of the human population on the planet.


It had been some time since I last watched this flick, and now that I have watched it again, I like it even more. This film is full of atmosphere and dread, with surrealistic visions of despair. The cinematography is amazing, as the visuals do a great job at complimenting the layered storyline and solid performances. More importantly, the movie is able to accomplish the rare feat of staying current after over a decade. Yes, some of it may be a bit incoherent and balance on a fine line, but that just adds to its flair. In the end, this is one of the better Sci-Fi / Thrillers from the 1990s and an important flick as it stands the test of time and delivers. If you have not watched it, what are you waiting for? Check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)