Alien Abduction (2005)



As I am here with the daughters as Brenda is in North Carolina suffering through the unexpected and tragic death of her mother, my movie time is limited to late in the evening. I do this as an attempt to balance, cleaning time and television time with the girls. To this point, it has worked rather well. With that in my mind, I decided on something mindless tonight after a couple episodes of the X-Files, my selection, Alien Abduction from 2005.  

Plot/ After being abducted by extra terrestrials, Jean and her friends are committed to a top secret government run mental institution to undergo tests and be brainwashed.
Low budget entries that involve The Asylum are always a dicey situation. The can run the gambit from horrid to entertaining. With this one, I will admit, falls into the entertaining category. Yes, it does come complete with the signature low budget production values, especially with the alien make-up and effects that are all over the place. Other than that, once you get through some of the storyline flaws, you have an interesting and entertaining flick. The acting is uneven, with some of the performances being extremely good, the look and feel is solid, and the plot made sense on some levels. Yes, there are some characterization issues, but that may go with the uneven acting. In the end, I really enjoyed this low budget entry, as it was entertaining and mindless. Could it have been better with a larger budget, probably? However, with what was available, this one hits the spot. That being said, do not run out and buy it, check it out on Netflix as I did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)