Natural Born Killers (1994)

 
 
After Dark Watchers, I was able to finish the research on my latest HAARP related piece, the one that draws a line from weather manipulation to martial law. Crazy, right? In preparation for publishing that, and waiting on one of my confidants to get back to me, I decided on something with some violence. My decision was the 1994 Oliver Stone entry Natural Born Killers.
 
 
Plot/ Two victims of traumatized childhoods become lovers and psychopathic serial murderers irresponsibly glorified by the mass media.
 
 
Let me start by saying, when I first watched this, it was not my favorite flick. However, all that changed now that I have aged and finally gave it another chance. Sure, it is a surreal and implausible venture into the depths of darkness, but damn, it is one Hell of a ride. Yes, there is violence, maybe too much, but that is no different from the slasher genre, except for the mainstream ties. The performances are solid, the cinematography and visuals awesome and there is a strong marriage of story and pacing. Is it a perfect movie? No, it is not. However, it is one of the best movies of the 1990s and one that should be seen.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)