Intruders (2011)

 
 
Being is a paranormal / supernatural mood; I decided to continue with the genre for a few days as I prepare for my next venture into government conspiracy and the New World Order. With a found footage flick behind me, I decided to head toward something a bit more traditional. My selection for the evening was Intruders from 2011.
 
 
Plot/ Two children living in different countries are visited nightly by a faceless being who wants to take possession of them.
 
 
When I picked this one up, it just sounded interesting, yet, it left me without high expectations. Fortunately, it was better than I would have expected. The storyline, while a little cliché, worked well, the acting was solid, and there was a lot more atmosphere and imagery than I would have expected as it played on the childhood fears that many remember to this day. Of course, the pacing drug at times and it could have done without the horrid CGI effects that truly brought the film down a notch when used, as they just did not fit. In the end, this one was an interesting and enjoyable flick, and one that was worth the rental.
 
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)