Conspiracy Theory (1997)

 
 
While working last night for Steelers 101 and listening to the fifth anniversary show of Beyond the Edge Radio, I found some very interesting thoughts on the different stories in the conspiracy theory realm. I love conspiracies, I love researching them, debating them, and discussing them. Hell, I love everything about them. With that in mind, and with the last presidential debate on tap, I decided to breakdown Conspiracy Theory from 1997.
 
 
Plot/ A man obsessed with conspiracy theories becomes a target after one of his theories turns out to be true. Unfortunately, in order to save himself, he has to figure out which theory it is.
 
 
This was one of the better movies of the genre. Of course, as a person who believes and often touts conspiracy theories, I felt like I could relate to the characters. Sure, I may not be as eccentric and delusional, but still relate. The storyline was a nice mix of paranoia and truths (at least of certain perspectives) and was put to the screen quite well. The acting was solid (Mel Gibson awesome), the action was entertaining, and the comedy that was sprinkled in really worked. In the end, this was a suspenseful and tension filled action flick with a hint at the darker side of reality the many citizens ignore. If you have not seen it, check it out!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)