Creature (2011)



If you have read my blog, you know that I love creature features and cheesy low budget flicks. Honestly, is there anything better than a schlockfest with a man in a rubber suit? Well, I am sure there is, but whenever the flick is based on a reptilian Bigfoot like Lock Jaw, it cannot be all bad, can it? Hmmm, I guess it can. What movie am I talking about, Creature from 2011.


Plot/ In the back country of Louisiana, a group of friends unearth a terrible secret that unleashes a monster from the depths of the swamp.


A creature feature with Sid Haig, could you ask for anything more? Well, yes, but as a low budget (relatively speaking) flick with a man in a rubber suit, I have seen much worse.  This one has everything one could imagine from a cheap creature feature, it has all the cheesiness, violence, nudity, and blood splatter that make these tolerable. Yes, it is full of cliché, the acting is uneven, the scripting predictable, and the creature effects were laughable, but hey, it was a cheesy schlockfest that was at least good for a laugh. Sure, it is not up to classic B-Movie creature feature standards, but it has a few interesting moments and some awesome scenery (and boobs). I may not run out a buy it, but it is far from the worst flick I have seen. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)