Dream House (2011)



After a few days away, and a kick-ass night watching Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band (@BigDamnBand on twitter), I decided to jump back into the blog. Before I get to the review, let me just say that Rev. Peyton’s Big Damn Band is an amazing talent, with an energy, message and stage show that will blow you away. The concert at 1-2-3 Pleasant Street was one of the best I have seen. Now, let me get back to the blog with my next review, Dream House from 2011.


Plot/ Soon after moving into their seemingly idyllic new home, a family learns of a brutal crime committed against former residents of the dwelling.


When this came out, this was one of those flicks that looked promising, but left a uneasy feeling in the mind after viewing the trailer. Coming in at PG-13, there was really no way to live up to expectations. Now that I have watched it on DVD, I am glad that I waited; as there is really nothing in this that would have made it worth the admission. Yes, the acting is decent (although with that cast there was potential for much more) and some of it has a decent feel, but the positives end there. Honestly, the pacing is WAY off and it is too slow, the plot jumps between stories and the scares are minimal.  In the end, I cannot recommend this to anyone. It had all the potential to be a solid ghost story, unfortunately, somewhere it lost focus and spiraled out of control.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)