Campfire Stories (2001)



One of the last movies of the weekend is another anthology. When I was younger, anthologies would be great rentals and often offered something interesting. Unfortunately, somewhere, they became easy ways to get movies on the screen. This one, from 2001, is Campfire Stories.


Plot/ Two teens on their way to a backwoods party come across a beautiful young woman having car trouble. Their search for help only gets them lost, deep in the woods, where they meet Forest Ranger Bill with a penchant for scary stories.


This was my second anthology of the weekend, and unfortunately, it was nowhere near as good as the first. In fact, there was not much here that I will remember after I pen this review. The acting was uneven, the storyline is a bit disjointed and it lacked atmosphere throughout. Not to mention that it had some of the cheesiest effects I have seen in some time. Yes, I know it is 10-years old, but, come on. In the end, this was one I could have done without, it truly offers little for the viewer to enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)