The Woman (2011)



With my weekend almost over, I decided to get back at the blog by looking at some of the flicks that I caught so far this weekend. Honestly, this has been a very entertaining trip into the world of horror. The first movie I watched this weekend was one that I had never heard of, The Woman from 2011.  


Plot/ When a successful country lawyer captures and attempts to "civilize" the last remaining member of a violent clan that has roamed the Northeast coast for decades, he puts the lives of his family in jeopardy.


When this movie walked into the house Friday, I did not know what I was in for, as I did not know anything about it. What I found was an extremely interesting and complex storyline combined inside a somewhat surreal family setting. There was a lot to like about this movie, which had just the right amount of gore and disturbing elements to keep me enthralled by the focus on the disjointed family aspects. Sure, there was nothing new in this one, as much of the torture and violence has been seen before. Yet, the combination of solid acting, interesting characters, subtle comedy and sound cinematography made this decently atmospheric and even somewhat original.  In the end, if you are a fan of the works of Jack Ketchum, you will like this. It is not for everyone, but it is an entertaining look into a disturbing world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)