The Walking Dead - Episode 5 - Wildfire



 Having traveled last month, I missed out catching the ending of The Walking Dead. However, with the snow coming down and a blizzard at hand it was nice to finally be able to get caught up on what I have missed.
Plot/ Rick tries to make contact with Morgan to tell him his location. Back at camp, after the fight with the zombies, Jim has been bitten and is slowly beginning to change; Andrea mourns over Amy's death; and Shane blames it all on Rick for leaving. Now that camp isn't safe anymore, Rick decides that it's time for them all to move out. He plans to take them to the C.D.C., a military base, to find a cure for Jim and, hopefully, more survivors.

As I am finally catching up and finishing the Walking Dead, it was nice to see the focus change up a bit in this episode, focusing on the humanity of the situation at hand. While the pacing was a bit slow for my taste, I have to admit that it allowed for some very good moments within the developing story. Unfortunately, the season is about to come to an end. To me, the six episode format is something that has hampered this series from the beginning, with such a constricted timeline allotted to develop all of this intricacies of such a vast storyline, many parts have been truncated maybe too much. Still, this is one of the best television series I have seen and I look forward to finally catching the finale.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)