A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)



Last night, after Celebrity Ghost Stories, I finally got to see the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street. Having been unimpressed with many of the redux attempts, I was unsure what to expect. Luckily, I had very few expectations.


Plot/ Death stalks the dreams of several young adults to claim its revenge on the killing of Freddy Kruger. Chased and chastised by this finger-bladed demon, it is the awakening of old memories and the denials of a past of retribution that spurns this hellish vision of a dreamlike state and turns death into a nightmare reality.


As a horror fan, I was a fan of the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Now, it was not my favorite series, I actually liked the Friday the 13th series more, but I felt it was a great franchise and offered quite a bit to people like me. After seeing the remake of Friday the 13th, I honestly cringed when I heard they were remaking this, after all, NO ONE can ever take the place of Robert Englund as Freddy, he was and is the only person for that role. From there, the movie was so unoriginal in the attempt to subtly change the story. The cinematography, acting and plot were uneven and lacked spirit. In fact, there was little to no character development, which could have at least made the characters interesting. In all, this really missed the boat and I hope that people stay clear and stick with the original series (even the worst sequel is better)!


Comments

  1. I totally agree. Just a boring remake that wastes Haley's talent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Serial Killer Theresa Knorr: The Disturbing Truth Behind The Afflicted

Creep (2004)

Super Shark (2011)